Wednesday 24 August 2016

Measurement

WHAT: We have been learning about the measurement.

SO WHAT: For this task I  had to calculate the perimeter of simple shapes. For this activity I got given a sheet where I had to find the perimeter of  12 shapes to do this I firstly had to find the other numbers for the other two sides of the shapes then I had to add all of the sides together. For example say I had a square pretend that two sides were showing the number one the top it was 2 and on the side it was 4 first i have to put the same numbers on the opposing sides to the same number (if it is a square or rectangle) the add all of the numbers together.

NOW WHAT: I am in the group toru but recently we have started a new topic on fractions ratios and proportions and for that I am in room 11 with Mrs Pattern.for measurement I would like to get better at solving the volume of shapes quicker  and for FRP I would like to improve on converting ratios to fractions .

1 comment:

  1. Well done Zoe you were very specific with your ideas. You also included a photo.

    ReplyDelete